About the Queen of the Sea Festival
The Queen Of The Sea Festival is an annual mid summer festival held in Youghal Co. Cork run by Youghal Chamber. It is a Family Fun Event with lots of businesses of Youghal helping contribute.
Our big event is the crowning of the Queen Of The Sea and Fireworks display held afterwards.
With something for everyone, the Queen Of the Sea Festival will not disappoint.
- 7:30pm – Nealons Quay (Sponsored by Perks Family Entertainment)
- Children’s Fancy Dress Competition Free Entry Registration @6.30pm Disney Characters, Face Painting. RED FM Street FleetPrizes for Most Original Costume, Best Group and Funniest Costume
- 8pm – Gig Rig
Preview of this year’s Queens live on stage with RED FM’S Brenda Dennehy
- 8pm – Youghal Greyhound Track
Greyhound Racing Free Entry
- 9pm – 11pm – Gig RigLive on the GIG RIG “NEW BEDFORD”Trad, Modern and Blue Grass. Come & enjoy the Craic!!
Sponsored by Sheehan Heating & Plumbing
- 11am – 3pm – Gig Rig
- Corks RED FM Broadcasting live from the Queen of the Sea festival playing all the latest hits
- 10am – Nealons Quay (Sponsored By Cal Flavin Expert & Topline)
Crab Catching Competition – Crab catching lines & Gear available from Cal Flavin’s
- 10am – 4pm – Nealons Quay
Coast Guard Sea Safety Demonstrations
- 10am – 5pm – Nealons Quay
YOUGHAL FOOD FESTIVAL Stroll around the food and craft market and treat yourself to a taste of local & homemade produce. Amazing Choice of BBQ Burgers, Crepes, Gourmet Sausages, Pizzas, Cakes, Breads, Jams & Chutneys, Sweets & much more, Face Painting, Amusements, Street Music, Rubbish at Golf, Bouncy Castles & much more.
- 11am – Mall Arts Centre
Feis Ceol Rince
- 12pm – 2pm – Family Fun Activities on the Beach
- Run by Youghal Soccer Club
- 12pm – 2pm – Cal Flavins Topline Store
- Dulux Dog will be visiting Cal Flavins Expert & Topline Store
- 2pm – Gig Rig
- Chatterbox Stage School Perform Fun & Exciting Modern & Commercial Dance
- 5:30pm – Gig Rig
- Mark Cosgrove live on stage
- 7pm – 8:30pm – Nealons Quay
- Queen of the Sea Contest: Free open air event come and see the Crowning of this year’s Queen. Compare: TV3’s Brendan Hennessy
- 8:30pm – Mall Arts Centre
- CEILI – Donie Nolan & Taylors Cross
- 9pm – Gig Rig
- Open air concert “THE BEE GEES TRIBUTE” Band Sponsored by The Quays Bar Followed by spectacular FIREWORKS display
- 9:30pm – The Quays VIP AREA (Ticketed Event)
- “Queens VIP after party” (With Finger food) Sponsored by The Quays Bar
- 11:30pm – The Quays Night Club
- Party till late at the “Queen of the Sea Party”
- 7am – TriathlonTriathlon Ireland Aquavelo National Championships – YoughalFrom beneath our iconic lighthouse swim a challenging 1500m before taking on a 26.6k cycle to the finish line at market Square.
- 12pm – YOUGHAL FOOD FESTIVAL – Nealons Quay
- Stroll around the food and craft market and treat yourself to a taste of local & homemade produce. Amazing Choice of BBQ Burgers, Crepes, Gourmet Sausages, Pizzas, Cakes, Breads, Jams & Chutneys, Sweets & much more, Face painting, Amusements, Street Music Bucking Bronco, Bouncy Castles much more.
- 12pm – 5pm – Youghal Life Boat Station
- R.N.L.I. Life Boat Open Day
- 12pm – 5pm – Nealons Quay
- Fun Family Races on the beach, Amusements, Open Air Music, Face Painting, Etc
- 2pm – Modern & Commercial Dance – GIG RIG
- Chatterbox Stage School perform fun and exciting modern & Commercial Dance
- 2:30pm – 5pm – Nealons Quay
- Fun Dog Show Pamper your dog and Come Show them off, great prizes Free Entry on the Day Sponsored by PawTrials
- 3pm – Fitness Challenge on the Mall Beach
- Fitness Challenge on the Beach with Be-Active Gym
- 5:30pm – “Colin & Mark” on the GIG RIG
- “Real Zesty Lemons” on the GIG RIG
- 6:30 – 8:30pm – Gig Rig
- DUBLIN CITY RAMBLERS “LIVE IN CONCERT” ON THE GIG RIG
Queen of the Sea Location
The Queen of the Sea will be located in the East Cork town of Youghal, within the Ring of Cork, on July 13th to 15th 2018.
Our Festival Office is located at the Youghal Tourist Office, marked on the map below.
Queen of the Sea 2018 Festival Office
Interested in volunteering?
We are always looking for volunteers for the Queen of the Sea to help with various duties. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact our office.